Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The Power Of TV






On Sunday Melissa and I were watching an episode of Extreme Makeover Home Edition and in this episode the father had died and the little girl was crying and she looked like our daughter Gillian and it made me realize how much I missed my step-father Ernie. He was a great man and it breaks my heart that he is not around to see his grandchildren, at least not physically because I am sure he's out there somewhere watching. He never got to meet his granddaughter Mia from his son Andy, and Nia is coming soon as well as his new grandchild from his daughter Stacey and I can imagine he would have been ecstatic with all these grand kids, especially 3 babies all within a year of each other.

He adored Gillian and I am glad I have bunches of pictures of the two of them. He was a giant next to her, when Gillian would step in his shoes it was like a normal person stepping on a snowboard. To see such a large presence handling something so fragile when she was a baby was amazing. One of the last trips before he passed away was to the zoo with Gillian and Grandma Wilkoff and I will never forget that day. -E

No comments: