Saturday, February 28, 2009

The first time I ever saw your face...


So we had an ultrasound today to confirm that Nia was growing well. She was a little uncooperative when the tech needed her to turn over, but we got a good view of her head and body circumference, her limbs looked good, and there's plenty of fluid in her temporary home.

Eric and I were of course enjoying seeing her profile with the heart beat and subtle movements but then there were the angles that got her face forward. Don't get me wrong, this wasn't a detailed portrait (as you can see) but we could see her closed eyes and the contour of her nose and lips. Seeing my daughter's face for the first time totally blew me away. I knew that we had chosen the right name for her then, as she is my purpose from now on. -M

1 comment:

/// said...

I love you so much! E