Wednesday, May 13, 2009

to Nia...

Before anything else I wanted to thank you. Even though we still have a little more to go before you arrive, I can say I've enjoyed carrying you these past nine months. Some moms have a lot of troubles during their pregnancies, but I feel like I've been lucky to be able to share this time with you without too many issues like the bad morning sickness or bad swelling, etc. Right now, typing this is a little difficult, but I wanted to you to know how much Mommy appreciates how good you've been to her. I really can't wait to see you. Daddy and I are going to do everything we can to make sure your arrival is not too scary and that you're as comfy as can be right away. I plan to have a nice first meal all ready for you too.

Things are pretty much set for you. You'll be sleeping right next to me and Daddy for a while, so we'll be right there when you want us. There will be lots of people who will want to meet you, but we'll make sure that we give you time to adjust and hang with us first and that you won't be too overwhelmed.

Our time together has made me think about so many things. Mostly, I think about all the things I want to teach you and how much I'm sure I'll learn from you.

For a long time, I didn't know whether I wanted be anyone's Mommy. But now I know that there is nothing better because I get to be yours. Meeting your Daddy and loving him so much made it feel right for us to bring you into the world. It made what I thought was complicated so simple. Daddy and I love you very much. See you soon.

Love Mommy

No comments: